Welcome to Cloud Babble- a personal blog site focussing on Google Cloud!
I’m Jamie Thompson, a Senior Google Cloud Architect at EPAM, with over 20 years experience in a variety of roles including operations, project delivery, design, governance, migration and leadership across:
- Public Cloud- GCP
- Private Cloud- VMware vSphere
- MS Active Directory
During this time I have worked across a diverse range of industries including public sector, nuclear, defence, FS&I, utilities, education, health, and an assortment of SMB’s with both large global systems integrators and smaller IT organisations. I’ve spent a lot of time working in heavily regulated, secure industries, designing cloud platforms and migrating 100’s of applications comprising of rehost, replatform and rearchitect migrations.
I started working with Google Cloud in 2019 and embarked upon various certifications (and recertifications!) along the way including:
- Google Cloud Professional Data Engineer
- Google Cloud Professional Architect
- Google Cloud Professional Developer
- Google Cloud Professional DevOps Engineer
- Google Cloud Professional Network Engineer
- Google Cloud Professional Security Engineer
- Google Cloud Associate Cloud Engineer
- Google Cloud Cloud Digital Leader
I’ve decided to create this blog to help share my knowledge and experience with Google Cloud, document best practices, technical tutorials, advocate Google Cloud and hopefully help others who are studying towards GCP certifications or looking for some guidance on GCP products and services.
Feel free to subscribe and follow me on my LinkedIn profile.
All views are my own, and in no way reflective of my employer.